Vehicle Importation Crisis Pt.02

As I reported last month, I found a means of obtaining Mexican plates for my vehicles through an Aduana agent in Chetumal. His name is Gerardo UC Arguelles. His email is Gerardo.uc@hotmail.com, and his cellular telephone is 983-732-2397.
I first emailed him the vehicle make, number of cylinders, type of fuel, VIN#, State we live in, and my Visa Status.  His response with the cost and description of the process was as follows:
“The cost of the legalization of the vehicles for model 1996 is $ 22,500.00 pesos and for model 2000 is $ 23,500.00
The import is done on the northern border of the country, without presenting the vehicle.
Importation is made on behalf of a trader, who then issues a bill of sale in your name.
It gives the original motion on behalf of the marketer, and the original bill of sale, Tamaulipas plates, and the circulation card in your name.
You can then change the plates in any state in the Republic.
The documents required are copies of the title of both sides, a copy of the official identification and proof of address
If you cannot come in person to the office, you can make a bank transfer, and send the documents by email.
We can later send the documentation by parcel; the approximate time is 20 business days.”
I scanned the documents requested, emailed them as attachments and deposited the funds per his instructions. On the fourth of July DHL delivered plates for our van along with the factura and all other necessary legal paperwork in my name. Our 1996 van is now officially legal.

My next step is to get my Mexican driver’s license, Mexican vehicle insurance, and get plates for Quintana Roo. I have already started the process to legalize our 2000 KIA Sportage. Hurrah! The vehicle importation is no longer a crisis.

Written By:Aura Holguin-Resch
0 Responses